Residential Summer Centres
Things to bring

Important travel documents

All students must travel with the following documents:

  1. Passport (with VISA if required) — ID card is sufficient for EU students.
  2. Course Confirmation letter
  3. Proof of Insurance — if insurance has not been purchased with Kings, please bring a copy of your own insurance, or EHIC card (EU students).
  4. Transfer confirmation letter

What to pack

Students should bring casual, comfortable, everyday clothes such as jeans, T-shirts, jumpers, etc.

The programme includes lots of sports and activities including some activities where the students get quite wet and dirty. We therefore recommend bringing some comfortable old clothes that can get wet and dirty.

Students should also remember to bring:

  • Swimming clothes
  • Two towels (one for showers and one for the swimming pool)
  • A bath robe and slippers
  • Shampoo, shower gel, etc.
  • Sunscreen
  • Sports clothes and sports shoes – IMPORTANT!
  • Comfortable shoes and some old shoes that can get wet and dirty
  • Clothes for a weekly disco (children only)
  • The weather in England can be unpredictable. It can be hot and sunny, but it may also rain, so clothes for both types of weather should be brought, including a light waterproof jacket.
  • Travel adaptor (the electrical voltage in the UK is 240v)
  • All clothes and other belongings should be labelled with the student's name!
  • A padlock for lockers
  • Bedding is provided.

Sports equipment

The students undertaking specific sports courses such as golf and tennis should bring their own sports equipment, though Moreton Hall can provide suitable alternatives. There will be a charge of approximately £30 per week for golf clubs.

Students are welcome to bring their own equipment but they are responsible for their own equipment and all equipment should be clearly named.