We want all our students to have a good time and feel relaxed and safe so it’s essential for everyone to follow the school rules.
If you have any questions before the start of the course, please contact Kings:
YoungLearners@kingseducation.com or telephone +44 1273 917 166.
- All students are expected to make their beds and keep their room tidy
- Students are not allowed to change bedrooms without permission
- Boys are not allowed to go into the girls' accommodation areas and girls are not allowed into the boys' accommodation areas!
- Bedtime is at 10.30pm with lights out at 11.00pm
- Students must switch their phones off after bedtime
- Students are only allowed back into their accommodation at set times so should take what they need for the day when they leave for breakfast
- Students must follow all instructions given by the staff/ group leaders/ coach drivers
- Students must return to the meeting points by the time specified and must not be late!
- Students aged under 13 be must accompanied by a group leader or a member of staff at all times
- Students aged 13 and older are given some free time for shopping (within a designated area) but must stay in groups of 4
- Students aged 16 and 17 will be given a little more free time on occasions, but with set curfews
General School Rules
- Rude/ disruptive/ bullying behaviour will not be tolerated
- No stealing (immediate expulsion)
- No alcohol or drugs (immediate expulsion)
- No weapons (including toy guns, pen knives, etc.)
- No swearing, offensive language or racist comments
- No smoking on the school premises
- Mobile telephones MUST be switched OFF during lessons, during activities and at lights-out time at night (or they will be confiscated)
- English only please — students must try and speak English as much as possible. Students are NOT ALLOWED to speak their own language during lesson time
- Students cannot leave the school unless they are accompanied by a member of staff or by their group leader
- Students who damage school property or tamper with fire alarm systems will be charged and may be referred to the Police
- Students must be polite and respectful to the school staff and to other students.
Kings reserves the right to immediately expel a student who is found to be stealing, bullying, fighting, drinking alcohol or who is constantly rude, disruptive or violent. A student who is expelled may be sent to another school or sent home immediately at the expense of their parents.
If a student behaves unacceptably, they will be asked to stay behind after class/ activity and they will be given a first official warning. Their behaviour will be recorded by Kings Staff.
If the student behaves badly again, the same procedure will be followed. In addition, their group leader will be informed and the student may receive a punishment such as missing an activity or being given extra homework to complete.
If the student behaves badly once again, they will be sent to the Center Manager and they will receive a written warning and may be given another punishment such as missing an excursion or being moved to a new class or boarding house. Their group leader and/or parents will be informed and the student will be informed that they are now on final warning and that any further bad behaviour could result in expulsion or transfer to another center.
At this stage the student may be expelled or transferred to another center (this will be at the discretion of the Center Manager).
Please note that in the case of expulsion or transfer, no refund is given and all travel expenses will be charged to the student/ parent. Students' initial deposit money may also be withheld should any damage or major disruption to the running of the center occur.
At every stage, the student will be given an opportunity to improve their behaviour but continuous bad behaviour will not be accepted.
- Any student complaints or concerns should be made directly to their group leader or the Center Management
- Any group leader complaints should be made directly to the Center Management
- Any agency complaints should be made directly to the Kings Summer Central Office
- All complaints are heard and responded to on a case-by-case basis
- All complaints are recorded in a complaints book or logged by the Kings Summer Central Office and appropriate action taken
- If it is felt that a complaint has not been heard or responded to fairly, then a written complaint should be made and given to the Center Management or sent to the Kings Summer Central Office
- All complaints, verbal or written, are responded to and dealt with as soon as possible
Please note, all complaints are treated confidentially and acknowledged within 24 hours.
Kings Central Office contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.