Important travel documents
All students must travel with the following documents:
- Passport (with VISA if required)
- Course Confirmation letter
- Letter of Consent to Travel — we will send this to you. This document must be completed in full by the student's parent/guardian and given to the student to carry for their trip to the US. This document may be required by US immigration on arrival (not required for students travelling as part of a group).
- Emergency Contact Form — we will send this to you. This document must be completed in full and returned to Kings prior to arrival but please also carry a copy with you to the centre.
- Proof of Insurance — if insurance has not been purchased with Kings, please bring a copy of your own insurance.
- Transfer confirmation letter
What to pack
Students should bring casual, comfortable, everyday clothes such as jeans, T-shirts, jumpers, etc.
The programme includes lots of sports and activities including some activities where the students get quite wet and dirty. We therefore recommend bringing some comfortable old clothes that can get wet and dirty.
Students should also remember to bring:
- Swimming clothes
- Two towels (one for showers and one for activites/beach)
- A bath robe and slippers
- Shampoo, shower gel, etc.
- Sports clothes and sports shoes
- Comfortable shoes and some old shoes that can get wet and dirty
- Clothes for a weekly disco
- The weather in New York can be unpredictable but in general it will be warm during the camp. It can be hot and sunny, but it may also rain so clothes for both types of weather should be brought including a light waterproof jacket
- Travel adaptor (the electrical voltage in the USA is 110v)
- All clothes and other belongings should be labelled with the student's name!
- Bedding is provided
A deposit of $100 per student is required on arrival, in case of damages and disciplinary issues. This will be refunded at the end of the course if no damages are caused. Please note, lost room keys can be charged up to $200.
Kings provides all sports equipment including tennis rackets, etc.
Students are welcome to bring their own equipment but they are responsible for their own equipment and all equipment should be clearly named.