Lulworth Summer Residence
Lulworth residence offers single en suite rooms arranged into cluster flats. Each flat can accommodate 6 – 8 students, who share a kitchen/lounge area. There is also a communal restaurant and study area on site where students can dine and socialise. 24/7 security was a key factor in the building of this residence.
Just a 10-minute walk from the town centre in a safe environment with access to local transport, shops and restaurants, this is an ideal location for Kings students.
All flats and rooms have their own lock. Students will be provided with a key/ fob. Please note, lost room keys can be charged.
There are also staff accommodated in the residence.
Kings Charminster is situated just 5 minutes’ walk from Charminster (the vibrant and trendy heart of student life in Bournemouth), just a 20-minute walk from Kings and a 30-minute walk to the town centre. A range of amenities and healthcare facilities are close by.
The residence is a modern purpose-built premium student residence offering 41 single and twin bedrooms, all with en suite shower rooms and furnished to a high standard. The residence is half-board with breakfast and dinner freshly prepared by our chefs. Students are supervised by the full time residence warden.
Kings Staff will have access at all times to the flats. Where possible staff will always give notice.
All rooms have to be emptied when leaving.
Students should not leave any personal belongings, and keys must be returned.
A check-out from the accommodation is required with a member of Kings staff to identify any cleaning or damage charges that the student is responsible for.
Residence rules to follow:
- No overnight guests allowed. Guests must leave by 23.30. CCTV is checked regularly to monitor this.
- This is an alcohol free building. Students are not permitted to have alcohol here.
- Audible noise should not be heard outside of the student's room or flat at all times.
- Curfew times: 21.30 for under 16s, 22.30 for 16 – 18 year olds
- Noise levels must be kept very low especially after 22.30 on Sunday to Thursday and 23.30 on Friday and Saturday nights. This includes communal areas such as stairways and corridors. Students must be quiet when they enter, leave and move around the building.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building. Students must use the designated smoking area and use the bin to discard cigarette ends.
- Students must make sure they know what to do if there is a fire, and not obstruct fire doors. They must not leave any personal items in the corridor. The Residence Manager will remove any items found in the corridor for the safety of residents.
- Students must be sensible about security — keep the flat doors locked at all times.
- Picture hooks, pins, or Blu-Tack must not be used on walls; only the noticeboard in the student's room is to be used. Candles are not allowed.
- The kitchen must be left tidy after use, so that the cleaner is able to clean the kitchen and other common areas once a week. Students are not allowed deep fat fryers in the kitchen.
- Whilst common areas, the kitchen and hallway will be cleaned on a weekly basis, it is the student's responsibility to keep their own bedroom tidy, ready for the weekly clean. See the noticeboard in the kitchen for what day the kitchen will be cleaned.
- Students must not change bedrooms. If they wish to change room, they should speak to a member of staff.
- Students are financially responsible for damage caused or rules broken by them or their guest.