Important travel documents
All students must travel with the following documents:
- Passport (with VISA if required) — ID card is sufficient for EU students.
- Kings Course Confirmation letter
- Letter of Consent to Travel (for students aged under 18) — we will send this to you. This document must be completed in full by the student’s parent/guardian and given to the student to carry for their trip to the UK. This document may be required by UK immigration on arrival (not required for students travelling as part of a group).
- Proof of Insurance (the student can purchase Kings insurance) or EHIC card (EU students).
What to pack
Students should bring casual, comfortable, everyday clothes such as jeans, T-shirts, jumpers, etc. They should also remember to bring:
- Swimming clothes
- Two towels (one for showers and one for the beach)
- Sports clothes and sports shoes
- Comfortable shoes and some old shoes that can get wet and dirty
- Clothes for the weekly disco
- The weather in England can be unpredictable. It can be hot and sunny, but it may also rain, so clothes for both types of weather should be brought, including a light waterproof jacket.
- Travel adaptor (the electrical voltage in the UK is 240v)
- All clothes and other belongings should be labelled with the student's name!
- Bedding is provided.
Kings provides all sports equipment including tennis rackets, etc.
Students are welcome to bring their own equipment but they are responsible for their own equipment and all equipment should be clearly named.
Students at Vacation Extra Centres who are staying in residential accommodation are not required to pay a deposit but are liable for any damages which are caused/lost key charges.